COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES POLICY
At EA Insurance Services, we are determined to live by our values of professionalism and integrity, however we understand that occasionally, people or processes don’t meet with expectations, and a complaint needs to be made or a dispute occurs.
When a complaint is made, we will promise in the first instance to listen to you and try to resolve the matter in a fair and timely manner. We also value any feedback, good or bad, about our service.
How you can have your complaint heard
The insurance industry is governed by a number of strict processes about the management of complaints and disputes. If you should have any concern or complaint or dispute, the following process should be followed:1
- In the first instance, let us know your issue by:
- Calling the broker who normally works with you to discuss your complaint; OR
- Write to us and explain your complaint, and attach any documentation; OR
- Visit us in person to discuss your complaint.
- If your normal broker is unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, they will immediately provide the known details to our Complaints Manager who has the authority to deal with your complaint at this stage. You will be contacted by our Complaints Manager within 24 hours. If you prefer, you can request to speak directly with our Complaints Manager in the first instance.
- It is a requirement that any written complaint will be attended to by the Complaints Manager who will contact you within 24 hours, and must in writing acknowledge your compliant within 2 business day.
- Our aim is to resolve your complaint as soon as possible and within 15 business days of receipt of the necessary information and completion of necessary investigations. We will keep you informed of our progress during this period. If further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will agree reasonable alternative time-frames and we will keep you informed at least every 10 business days.
Our complaints officer is Neil Bull. He can be contacted on 03 9037 6411, via email email@example.com via post at PO Box 175, Box Hill Vic 3128, or in person 44 Rutland Road, Box Hill Vic.
We will only ask you for relevant information and you will have access to the information we have relied upon in assessing your complaint. We will also take the opportunity to correct any mistakes in that information. In special circumstances, we may decline to release certain information but will not do so unreasonably. In these circumstances, we will give you our reasons in writing.
Our values demand that we act with integrity and professionalism. It is our expectation that the way we handle your complaint will reflect that value.
What happens if my complaint is not able to be resolved?
If you are still not satisfied with our determination, you have the right to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). FOS is a free consumer service and you have the right to refer the matter to them.
They can be contacted at: